Members of Cambridge Open Studios must agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
It is a condition of membership that:
- Your home and studio is located in Cambridgeshire or in the CB postcode area
- You create original works of art or craft
- You are 18 years or over
- You have read and agree to Cambridge Open Studios data protection policy relating to use of your personal data. Download the Data Protection Policy
July Open Studios
By taking part in the July Open Studios event you agree that:
- Your first priority is to give the public the opportunity to talk with you about the techniques you use and the passions that inspire you
- You commit to personally manning your studio between 11am and 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday of the weekend(s) you select
- Members sharing an entry in the guide must exhibit at the same location and must ensure that at least half the exhibiting artists are present at any time
- Only the work of COS members who have paid to participate can be on display
- No entry charge will be made to visitors
- You will help publicise Open Studios by distributing your allocation of printed guides (around 60 copies)
Applications to join Cambridge Open Studios for the following year are taken from early November. The deadline for joining is 31 December. Membership is open to artists/crafts people who live and have their studio in Cambridgeshire or in the CB postcode area. Applications are made online via this website. Details of how to do this will be posted during the application period. Your web page will be created immediately - so the sooner you join the better! New members currently pay £60 to join (this includes an initial registration fee of £30). Current members will be charged £30 to renew their membership.
New members pay a fee of £60 to join Cambridge Open Studios (this includes an initial registration fee of £30). The annual renewal fee for current members is £30. Participating in the Open Studios event in July will require an additional fee. The participation fee for 2021 is £70. Members can pay the full participation fee and have their own individual entry in the Open Studios guide and on the Open Studio pages of the website and COS App. Alternatively, two or more members can share the fee and have a shared entry in the guide, on the website and App.
Yes – provided your home and studio are in the county of Cambridgeshire (excluding Peterborough) or in the CB postal area. We regret we cannot accept applications to join COS outside these areas.
Yes, you will. The registration fee covers the cost of setting up your account. It is charged to all new members and those rejoining after a gap in their membership.
Galleries and other arts organisations in the Cambridge area can be featured in the Cambridge Open Studios Guide, on our website and on the COS App, for an annual fee. This allows them to promote their own events, exhibitions and other activities throughout the year and enjoy a close association with COS. If you are interested please email email@example.com. Organisations can have a page on the wesbite only, for a reduced fee.