To participate in Open Studios you must be a member of COS. The participation fee for taking part in 2019 will be £140. Existing members must renew their membership first before paying the participation fee.
The deadline for registering and paying for participation in Open Studios is 31 January
Participation payments are made between November and January. To register log into your account on the website. Go to your account page and click on 'Buy participation'. This will take you through the payment process. One you have paid go to your account page and click on: 'July Open Studios entries'. Here you will find an entry form for next year's Open Studios where you can upload text and an image for the printed guide and website.
The deadline for providing all guide content is mid February (exact date will be sent to members)
Sharing a guide entry: Two or more members can share the participation fee if they wish. This means they will have a shared entry in the guide and on the website. To do this just one member should make the payment and upload content. At the bottom of the participation content form click on 'Shared entry'. This will open up a list of members' names. Select the names of other members sharing the entry and click on the green plus sign to add them to the participation list (they need to have paid/renewed their membership fee to appear in the list). If you want your own, individual entry in the guide please ignore this section.
Cambridge Open Studios takes place each year over the first four weekends in July. Studios are open on both Saturdays and Sundays between 11am and 6pm. Some members are open for all four weekends, others for only some of them. Details of artists taking part will be available on the Open Studios pages of our website – and in the free printed Open Studios Guide – in the run up to the event.
The 2019 Open Studios will take place over the weekends of July 6/7, 13/14, 20/21 and 27/28.
To take part in the July Open Studios you must be a current member of Cambridge Open Studios (COS) and have paid your participation fee (payments are taken between 1 November and 31 January).
By purchasing participation you agree that:
- Your first priority is to give the public the opportunity to talk with you about the techniques you use and the passions that inspire you
- You commit to personally manning your studio between 11am and 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday of the weekend(s) you select
- Members sharing an entry in the guide must exhibit at the same location and must ensure that at least half the exhibiting artists are present at any time
- Only the work of COS members who have paid to participate can be on display
- No entry charge will be made to visitors
- You will help publicise Open Studios by distributing your allocation of printed guides (around 60 copies)
- Participation costs £140
- This entitles you to one entry in the Cambridge Open Studios printed guide, on the July Open Studios web pages and on the COS App
- You can participate as an individual or share your entry (and fee) with one or more other Cambridge Open Studios members
- For a shared entry, one person pays the participation fee and is responsible for uploading content to be used in the printed guide, the Open Studios web pages and COS App
- You can open for one, two, three or four weekends in July.
- We strongly recommend that you arrange public liability insurance if this is not already included in your home insurance policy. Ask other members who have participated before if you would like further advice on this matter.