New Artist Membership
Joining Cambridge Open Studios
NB This page is for new members. Current members: Please log in to renew your membership.
Cambridge Open Studios (COS) is run by artists for artists. It is a friendly and supportive community where members can share their ideas, interests and problems.
Membership of COS is open to anyone who lives and creates original works of art or craft in Cambridgeshire (excluding Peterborough) or the CB postcode area. Membership payments for 2021 can be made any time up until 31 December 2020 at a cost of £30, plus an additional £30 registration fee for those who were not members in 2020.
Benefits of membership
Membership of COS entitles you to:
- Your own page on the website where you can upload information about your work, create portfolios of images, post news items and add events such as Private Views to the website calendar
- Update your page whenever you like, using your own personal log in
- Take part in the annual Open Studios event in July for an additional participation fee
Terms and conditions of membership
By joining COS I confirm the following:
- Both my home and studio are located in Cambridgeshire or in the CB postcode area
- I create original works of art or craft
- I am 18 years or over
- I have read and agree to Cambridge Open Studios data protection policy relating to use of my personal data (click here to view the policy)
How to join
To join COS, click on the 'Buy now' button above. You will be taken to a secure page where you can pay by debit card, credit card or Pay Pal. Once payment has been taken you will be sent the details you need to log in to the site and start setting up your page. The deadline for joining is 31 December 2020.
Important information relating to Open Studios and Covid 19
The management team is planning to hold the July 2021 Open Studios event, albeit in a possibly modified form. To reduce both the financial exposure and the possible risks of handling paper copies we have decided not to produce our normal printed guides. Instead Open Studios will be promoted by the already proven COS App as well as on the COS website and social media.
This will bring the following benefits:
- significantly reduced fees for participating in Open Studios
- reduced financial exposure – if we were to print but then get locked down, the high print costs would be lost
- reduced health risks associated with the handling of the paper guides.
We will still professionally edit members' Open Studios entries for the website and App. Our Editor will be able to help you tweak your artwork photos to maximize their impact and to ‘proof’ and if necessary update your web and App pages. Our marketing consultant will still provide promotion through electronic channels. We cannot judge how much the participation fee will be yet as we are investigating all the costs, but we will communicate the outcome as soon as we can. Please note we will not be able to make any refunds once costs have been incurred or contracted if local or national Covid-related restrictions mean that you are unable to receive visitors to your studio.
COS is a company limited by guarantee and all members have voting rights and can attend the annual general meeting where the Management Team is elected from the membership body. COS exists to promote the making of original works of art and craft, and to provide an opportunity for the public to become involved in the arts by meeting artists in their studios, seeing their work and how it is produced.
View the COS policy for cancellations and refunds
If you have any problems joining on this site please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about COS membership please email the Membership Secretary: email@example.com
COS is run by volunteers so it may take a little while to respond to your message.